Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for my online social and gaming life, the new year has brought with it a third job that I was not expecting. Yay for my wallet! I've also inherited a few other real life responsibilities that'll keep me tied up for a while. I've noticed in the last few days that I'm not really able to balance my new work load, new family obligations, gaming, second life, and sleeping. So one of the things I'm cutting is some second life time and this blog. Fortunately it hasn't been up for too long, so there shouldn't be lots of people disappointed!
If you stumble here later on looking for fantasy and roleplay fashion and freebies, here's some quick freebie advice:
- Browse The Directory!
- In addition to being quality fantasy apparel stores, most of these have freebies, hunts, group gifts and/or lucky chairs!
- Explore a Lot!
- Do an inrealm search for your favorite roleplay scenario, or fashion style! Sims have free gear as often as stores. The best things to find store-wise are Malls, so you can browse lots of usually related stores at once!
- Do a marketplace search on "Elven" or "Gorean" or what have you, and find stores you might've never seen in world, or even stores that aren't in world yet!
- Save landmarks of good stores, or places with lucky chairs to revisit, in a special "fantasy store" or "freebies" folder so you can find them easily again, and for sharing with friends!
- Visit blogs!
- There's some fantasy blogs listed to the left, and those blogs will have links to more blogs which'll have links to more blogs! Also, not usually fantasy, but the best blog resource for freebies/cheapies is this blog feed which lists, I think, every freebie/cheapie SL blog on the internet: SL Freebeis Cheapies Luckchairs & Hunts!
- Join Store Subos & Groups!
- If you find a great store that you'd buy lotsa stuff from if you could, join their subscribo. If they have an in world group that gives exclusive gifts or discounts, join that instead. (And leave the subscribos for stores you will never visit again! No point in IM capping yourself with spam)
- Even if it's a free-to-join group, don't leave it to bounce around! Great stores often change to having an enrollment fee, which is fair if they're giving away awesome gifts. If you're full on groups, keep the ones you most want to hear updates from and get gifts from, and ditch the ones you are least likely to visit or buy from. Hopefully LL will give us 40 groups instead of 25 soon!
Good luck and have fun with your fun and fantasies, in realm or out of it!